Pages

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Thankfulness Day 19

Nov. 19
I am thankful for about three websites for TV shows.

I know it sounds like an odd thing to be thankful for. Let me explain why it's legit. Having been born and raised in America, there are shows that we all tend to get attached to and want to see how they play out. Living overseas, most of the websites (like CBS and FOX) don't accept an IP address that is from a country other than the U.S. Being close to a military base, it's possible to get AFN (Armed Forces Network), but that will only take you so far. What about the episodes you missed? I don't want to buy random episodes from iTunes...that can get rather expensive. So what's a viewer to do?

Fortunately, there are folks out there that have created TV show viewing episodes that users upload via certain sites and other users can stream. Nothing is downloaded, which means no viruses can attach their dirty little selves to that missing episode and hitch a ride to my innocent little laptop. As long as you have internet, it will load. Once it loads, you can view the episode even if you "get kicked off" for random reasons. The episode won't stay on your computer forever, but will last long enough for you to get caught up. I'm thankful for all three because once you get caught up with one, there may be shows from the past that have since been cancelled you've wanted to watch....now you can. I currently watched a show that has since been cancelled, but was able to watch it from the pilot through to the series finale. Although I love living in Europe, there are somethings that I do miss...and a few beloved shows is one of them. :-)