Pages

Thursday, March 29, 2012

5 Places to See

Well, one of the many (and growing) blogs I read just posted about 5 places. Hers was where she'd rather be (over housework), mine is more.....dreams. Places I would love to visit and are on my bucket list to go to. Sooooo......

1. Egypt
The pyramids, the sphinx, the Nile, ahhhhhhh. One of the top ones, if not the number 1. Hubby, not too sure wants to go, but would probably tag along with me.

2. Australia
Not sure where, just the whole continent would be nice. A swing by Sydney to snap a few pics and the rest is up to whatever tour guide/hubby takes me. One of the items on my bucket list was to see in person (no zoo) a kangaroo. Imagine my surprise when hubby & I went to visit my parents' house September a year ago. We went to a local event called Frontier Days. Long story, but can be a lot of fun. We were meandering around and found 2 very cool things (AND got to cross not one, but TWO things off my bucket list). My mom & I got to ride on an elephant AND they had a Joey there. Yep, I got to hold a Joey inside of his bag. Soooooooo cute!!! *sigh
See? He's waving. Collective: awwwwwwwwwww

3. Pompeii/Herculaneum
This one is actually a possibility in the foreseeable future. Ok...rabbit trail. For those of you who don't know, back hundreds of years ago, when Pompeii was being destroyed on one side, Herculaneum was being destroyed on the other. Most have never heard of the town since Pompeii is the biggie. I, however, took ancient Roman history and both towns were mentioned and discussed. Pompeii is more touristy because there is more of the city unearthed/preserved.
We live in the northern part of Italy at the moment because of my husband's job. While we are still here, these are 2 cities that we both want to spend some time in. They will probably be on our "Rome" trip. Yep, that one's coming up too. :-)

4. Japan
Again, don't really care what part, but want to see most of it. I would love to add Tokyo to my list of visited cities as well. Mainly because that's one of the biggies that we've all heard/read about. I would love to see
the culture, taste the food (to see if it's anything like the "Japanese" restaurants we go to), walk around and see the pagodas, take pictures of the lovely tress only seen in geisha films (there were 2 or 3 that came out not tooooooo long ago that made me want to go even more) or in other people's pictures.

5. Anywhere sightseeing with my hubby
I know, sounds rather awwww or sappy, but it's true. While most of the ladies I know want to visit Such-and-Such with their girlfriends, hubby is truly my best friend. We travel well together: I drive, he navigates. I love seeing new things/sites/experiences with him. There are times that I could've gone somewhere, but unless it's somewhere that I know (or am pretty sure) that he doesn't care about, I won't go. There are 2 places around here and 1 thing that I'll go without him: a glass place, a ceramic place, and a tour based on an author's character. Other than that, I want him along-side me. We can look back together, via memories and/or pictures and re-collect the experiences that we had on that particular adventure.

What about you? Where do you want to go?