Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thankfulness Day 10

Saturday:

On Christmas Eve 1999 around 7:30pm, there was a knock at our front door. Hubby went to go answer it while I held onto the collar of our dog Danny. He spoke to the visitor for a few minutes in low tones; wished the person a Merry Christmas; then I heard the door shut. I let Danny go and stood so we could leave to go look at Christmas lights (our original plan). Lights left my mind when he walked around the corner. In his arms was a tan length of fluff with a huge red bow around her neck. She was sooooo tiny and nervous. We learned she was born about 2 weeks after we got married. By the time she arrived at our door (an early Christmas present from my darling hubby), she was only 4 months old.

From that time on, her and her brother (not by birth) have been constant companions to us. Since hubby's job takes him away for weeks or sometimes months at a time, those moving pieces of furniture have been with me through thick and thin. Through good and bad. Through tears and smiles. Through hurrahs and fears. Through health and sickness. Through an accident (post after November thankfulness is over) and through the healing process.

June 14, 2012 was a rough day. Belle's brother Danny passed away. The vet believes that it was because of a tumor...either in his liver or pancreas. Since that time, Belle has been a sweet, caring companion that has helped me get through another one of hubby's looooong work trips. She is sweet, cheeky, loving, and a comforting presence. I am thankful that God has given us such a sweet friend.




I was on my way to bed and found this....