Pages

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Thankfulness Day 3

Today was still cool, but not as chilly as it has been. I spent the day inside...kinda bummed. Why? Who knows. I have days where I'm just "bummy" as I tell hubby. Maybe it's chick hormones or the weather or the earlier times for darkness. I am still reminded, even on those not-so-happy-cheerful days that there is much to be thankful for.

It's been difficult narrowing my choice for today. I could probably start at A and go through Z (Z might be hard one...hmmmmmm) with at least one thing that I'm thankful for. I don't want to pick just a random thing each day though. I want to choose something, each day, that I the most thankful for on that day. I already know what tomorrow's will be (I think...lol), but this is today.


Today I am most thankful for my salvation. One of the reasons I've been "bummy" is that I haven't felt all that "public worthy". Makes no sense? That's means that I have no desire to go out into public until I change something. Sometimes I have no choice....there are things to do, errands to run, and no hubby to send after work to do them (he's on a business trip). Today, fortunately, was not one of those days. Even when I feel at my not-so-good or even at my worst (those lovely days of sickness that we all have), He still loves me.

Years ago I realized I needed Jesus Christ, confessed my sins, and became His child. I strayed a few years later out of anger (long story....maybe one day). I came back to Him like the story of the Prodigal Son. Even on days like today or those "Ugh! Just kill me now and put me out of my misery" days, He doesn't see the "ickyness" or the "grossness" or the "illness". He just sees His child. And He loves me.

There have been times when it was just me and my 2 dogs (or now just 1) and I have felt so alone. I've cried out to Him for comfort...knowing that there was no one else I could call or turn to (sometimes because of my stubbornness not to call, but that's beside the point). Guess what? He heard me (as He always has and always will) and comforted me. I can't begin to explain it, but suddenly I didn't feel so alone. I didn't feel like the whole world was against me and hated me (yep, that's irrational...I have a loving family). I didn't feel unloved or unwanted.

The Bible speaks of Heaven. Yes, I do believe that it is a real place that I will go whenever I die. However, if there was no Heaven; no way to see loved ones that have passed on; no way I could thank Jesus (in person) for all He's done for me and all He gave up, I would still be thankful that I became one of His children all those years ago and came back those years later. The comfort alone in those times when I need it the most is worth it.